Tradies Insurances

The saying “you can never be too careful” is used a lot by tradies and for good reason. Most tradies will know someone who’s had an accident or know of an incident where something terrible has gone wrong. Even for the most careful tradies, something can still go wrong. This is where the right insurance can help.

Stress Free Insurance was founded on providing cover for tradies, so we know tradies. We know that trade work is often dangerous, and we’ve helped a lot of tradies make a claim after an incident on a worksite. Tradies need insurance for various reasons, including but not limited to: unintentional damage to a customer’s property, an injury on the worksite, damage or loss of tools or equipment.

Who can be covered:

Electricians, plumbers, painters, tilers, roofers, mechanics, carpenters, and other tradies

Principle contractors and sub-contractors

Builders and earthmoving contractors

What will be protected:

Legal liability for property damage and personal injury

Utes, trucks, sheds, plant, and machinery

Loss, theft and damage of tools, equipment and building materials
Loss of income if you are unable to work due to an injury or sickness

Types of Cover

Public and Product Liability
Public liability covers your business for legal and compensation costs if you are found liable to someone because you caused death or injury, loss or damage to their property, or economic loss due to your negligence (e.g. a passer-by gets inured on your worksite). Product liability covers your business for the supply of parts or materials, even in the form of services or repairs, that fail and cause damage, injury, or death (e.g a faulty water valve leaks causing extensive water damage).
Tools and Equipment
The common saying “a tradie is only as good as his tools” illustrates how important good tools (and equipment) are to a tradie to get the job done properly. This is a good reason to take out insurance to cover your tools and equipment for theft, loss, or accidental damage.
Construction Insurance
Construction insurance or contract works insurance covers the risks associated with the construction of a building or structure. If you’re the principal builder or contractor, there are a quite a few risks to consider protecting with a construction insurance policy, such as building materials, tools, equipment, plant & machinery, and your legal liabilities to name a few. We can help you navigate the insurance market to obtain the most cost-effective policy to protect your business appropriately.
Commercial Motor
Where would a tradie be without his or her ute? Commercial Motor Insurance can be customised to meet each business’ requirements. This product includes Motor Trade / Driving Risk, Garage Risks, Mobile Machinery, Plant & Equipment, Hired In and non-owned Mobile Plant and Motor Vehicle, and Commercial Motor Fleet Insurance. Commercial Motor can offer coverage for any vehicle used in your business from utes, forklifts and trailers through to trucks and vans.
Plant and Machinery
There are significant risks associated with operating plant and machinery (e.g. diggers, excavators, cranes, forklifts, bobcats and many more), which can be mitigated to a certain extent by adhering to good practices and safety protocols. Of course, accidents in the earthmoving, crane, civil and mining industries can and do still happen. Plant and machinery insurance covers theft, damage, public liability, and road risk liability with a range of options including dry hire, wet hire, hiring in plant & machinery, breakdown, and business interruption.
Personal Accident & Sickness Disability
Accident & sickness disability insurance is similar to income protection in that an ongoing monthly benefit is paid if you are unable to work due to an accident or sickness. The cover is 24/7 and worldwide. There are some differences between accident & sickness disability insurance (general insurance product) and income protection (life insurance product), which we can explain to you. Accident & sickness disability insurance has the option of an agreed benefit, which means that no proof of income is required when making a claim. You also have the option of accident only cover.

Learn more about our insurance service

by contacting the friendly team at Stress Free Insurance